Do you want to make some of the best milk chocolate chip muffins? These easy moist muffins are a classic and family favorite. The secret ingredient? sour cream! These muffins are an easy one bowl, no fail, crowd pleaser. This recipes yields 24 but you can easily half it to make a dozen.
Chocolate chip muffins are a delicious baked good that are a popular treat among people of all ages. These muffins are made by combining flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, eggs, milk, oil, and of course, chocolate chips. The batter is then baked in muffin tins to create fluffy, sweet muffins with chunks of melted chocolate throughout.
They are the best because.
- Delicious taste: Chocolate chip muffins are incredibly flavorful and satisfying. The combination of sweet, fluffy muffin batter and rich, melted chocolate chips creates a perfect balance of flavors.
- Versatility: Chocolate chip muffins can be enjoyed at any time of day, whether as a quick breakfast on-the-go, a snack between meals, or a dessert after dinner.
- Easy to make: Chocolate chip muffins are a relatively easy baked good to make, requiring only a few simple ingredients and minimal preparation time. This makes them a great option for beginner bakers or anyone looking for a quick and easy recipe.
- Health benefits: While chocolate chip muffins are certainly a treat, they can also have some health benefits. Dark chocolate, in particular, is known to be high in antioxidants, which can help reduce inflammation and improve heart health.
- Nostalgia: For many people, chocolate chip muffins are associated with happy memories of childhood or special occasions. This nostalgia factor can make them all the more enjoyable to eat.
Overall, chocolate chip muffins are a beloved baked good for a variety of reasons, from their delicious taste to their versatility and ease of preparation. Whether enjoyed as a special treat or a daily indulgence, they are a popular and delicious option for anyone with a sweet tooth.
How to make Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Muffins?
These muffins make a great easy quick breakfast or snack. On those cold winter mornings there truly is nothing better then a cup of warm tea and a delightful muffin for a morning snack when all the kids come running in from playing outside. It’s the perfect time to pull out a book and read while the kids munch, sip and warm up. These muffins top any bakery muffin. I use milk chocolate chips but you can use semi sweet if you prefer.
One great thing about this recipe is it uses a full tub of sour cream. If I know I have one almost expire I can use it up all in one day. These muffins also freeze really well, if you don’t think you will eat all of them in a few days you can just throw them in a Ziploc bag and toss them in the freezer. Take them out the night before and you have an easy snack or breakfast for next week!
When I started baking and really taking homemaking seriously, muffins was one of the first things I started baking. I really wanted to get away from feeding my kids bear paws and goldfish crackers. I wanted to bake things everyone would eat, and who doesn’t love milk chocolate? To keep all my “easy” baking in one bowl so clean up is just that much easier and fast. So I started playing around with different ingredients until I landed on this one. I get nice fluffy tops every single time, it truly is a no fail.
Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Muffins
- 4 cups All Purpose White Flour
- 2 cups White Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 Eggs
- 2 cups Full Fat Sour Cream
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 cups Milk Chocolate Chips
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees.In bowl add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.Add eggs, sourcream, oil and vanilla.Mix until fully combined. Mix in Chocolate chipsGrease muffin tin, add cupcake liners for easy clean up.Scoop batter into muffin tin evenly. Bake at 400 for 23 mins.
Check out more of my recipes here
Check out my mixer here